We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I live in the Philippines where crochet is regarded more as Grandma's craft, before the use of the internet became popular. I wasn't that keen to crochet home accessories, but very much interested in the process of creating items with crochet, so I taught myself the basics.
As a young stay-at-home mom in the late 80's, I was always looking for more materials and patterns but there isn't much available locally. Crochet wasn't exciting until I learned to use the internet in 2005. I was so delighted to start my own blog (Crochet and Other Stuff), join crochet forums, and get to know women like me who are as interested in the craft. I love creating my own crochet designs, so I started writing my own patterns. As a former Public Accountant, I never before thought of becoming a professional designer, but here I am. I have been a freelance designer for Coats Manila Bay since 2007, a contributor to Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendars, Crochet Liberation Front First Ever Book, and have a published design in Interweave Crochet Summer 2010.
My goal in designing is to create unique, simple yet stylish designs.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Faux Fur Crossbody Bag
- Rustic Wedding in a Barn
- DIY Burlap Aisle Runner
- Shell N Picots Slouch Hat
- Recycled Pallet and Scrap Booking Shelf
- Stamped Matilda Inspired Hoodie
- Candy Corn Fabric Wreath
- Fall Burlap Wreath
- Big Knit Easy Blanket Sweater
- Pick Your State Printable Art