We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I live in the Philippines where crochet is regarded more as Grandma's craft, before the use of the internet became popular. I wasn't that keen to crochet home accessories, but very much interested in the process of creating items with crochet, so I taught myself the basics.
As a young stay-at-home mom in the late 80's, I was always looking for more materials and patterns but there isn't much available locally. Crochet wasn't exciting until I learned to use the internet in 2005. I was so delighted to start my own blog (Crochet and Other Stuff), join crochet forums, and get to know women like me who are as interested in the craft. I love creating my own crochet designs, so I started writing my own patterns. As a former Public Accountant, I never before thought of becoming a professional designer, but here I am. I have been a freelance designer for Coats Manila Bay since 2007, a contributor to Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendars, Crochet Liberation Front First Ever Book, and have a published design in Interweave Crochet Summer 2010.
My goal in designing is to create unique, simple yet stylish designs.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder