We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
My name is Megan Nielsen - I’m an Aussie independent designer and I love creating sweet, feminine clothing full of pretty details. As a child I used to love playing dress up in my mother's wardrobe, and to this day not only do I still get inspired by the sweet 70's styles that filled her closet, but I get inspired by the feeling I got when I looked in the mirror. I felt simply beautiful. And that's how I want my clothing to make people feel.
I am self taught and have been sewing since I was 10 years old. I began my love affair with sewing and designing, through ripping up my clothing and remaking it into something unique. I honestly can’t remember a time when I wasn’t making my own clothing – design is a part of who I am. Since then I’ve progressed to drafting all of my own patterns to make my designs come to life- though I still find redesigning old pieces unbelievably fun! In early 2010 I launched my clothing line, and a line of maternity sewing patterns with great success, and since them have been thrilled and grateful by how well my designs have been received. My most recent project is a website dedicated to helping women make their own maternity and nursing clothing – and I’m excited to see where it goes. My most constant inspirations are found in nature and romance, my favourite fabrics are silks and luxe cottons, and my favourite silhouettes always include a flattering skirt and a defined waist.
More personally, I’m an Australian (though I now live in the USA), a Christian and I’m happily married to the love of my life - we have two gorgeous little children - and I’m incredibly grateful that I am able to pursue my design career as well as raise my children full time.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page