We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
My name is Megan Nielsen - I’m an Aussie independent designer and I love creating sweet, feminine clothing full of pretty details. As a child I used to love playing dress up in my mother's wardrobe, and to this day not only do I still get inspired by the sweet 70's styles that filled her closet, but I get inspired by the feeling I got when I looked in the mirror. I felt simply beautiful. And that's how I want my clothing to make people feel.
I am self taught and have been sewing since I was 10 years old. I began my love affair with sewing and designing, through ripping up my clothing and remaking it into something unique. I honestly can’t remember a time when I wasn’t making my own clothing – design is a part of who I am. Since then I’ve progressed to drafting all of my own patterns to make my designs come to life- though I still find redesigning old pieces unbelievably fun! In early 2010 I launched my clothing line, and a line of maternity sewing patterns with great success, and since them have been thrilled and grateful by how well my designs have been received. My most recent project is a website dedicated to helping women make their own maternity and nursing clothing – and I’m excited to see where it goes. My most constant inspirations are found in nature and romance, my favourite fabrics are silks and luxe cottons, and my favourite silhouettes always include a flattering skirt and a defined waist.
More personally, I’m an Australian (though I now live in the USA), a Christian and I’m happily married to the love of my life - we have two gorgeous little children - and I’m incredibly grateful that I am able to pursue my design career as well as raise my children full time.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life