We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I am a crafter from beautiful Whidbey Island, Washington and truly enjoy making handmade gifts for family and friends, and to share with others. I honestly have been creating handmade crafts for over 30 years now and it just keeps getting better. My other passion is photography and getting to travel in our RV with my dear husband. We are nature photographers and enjoy staying at state parks where wildlife and sunsets abound.
I am also a mother of three amazingly talented adults and a grandmother to 9 beautiful and gifted grandchildren. Creativity runs in my family that is for sure. All three of my children are natural artists, drawing doesn’t come so naturally for me I am afraid, but painting does. That creative side is always driving me to try a different craft or idea, it’s so addicting. My other loves are knitting, crocheting, watercolor and oil painting. I have also created some very unique and contemporary inspirational plaques with our art and photography combined with scripture, they are quiet beautiful and inspiring. God has blessed us with so much beauty here in the Pacific Northwest, then when combined with his words of wisdom, well a masterpiece emerges.
My newest project is my cross stitch patterns that I have designed from my art and photography. I enjoy cross stitching while I watch a television program, because it’s very relaxing. When this idea came to me to create patterns from my artwork, well I really got excited. I also plan to share some “free” patterns to feature at favecrafts in the near future, so be sure to check them out.
Writing is another love of mine, sharing my ideas and patterns and my life’s experiences as well as the photography we capture in our travels. Our latest trip was to Alaska for a month and I simply cannot wait to share that truly amazing adventure with the world.
What really got me hooked on crafting was when I would give one of my handmade gifts to a family member that I love dearly, that smile on their face is forever engraved in my heart, to me that is simply “priceless”. Happy Crafting!
Mary's Projects on FaveCrafts:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1
- Beaders Delight Box from Cousin
- Plaid Prize Pack
- Styrofoam Kits and Gift Cards from DOW Chemical
- Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit