We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Marie has been working and playing with clay since 1971. She has a very extensive art training background and has taught oven bake clays for over 25 years all over the U.S. and overseas. Marie's fine art painting and fashion experience provide her with an insight for the use of color while her jewelry creation and design skills make her pieces durable and comfortable to wear.
Marie Segal's Auto-Biography
I have been creating art since I was old enough to hold crayons. I love color, it sings to me. I started on the road to art with my parents encouragement. They have always been supportive through my many trials and tribulations, even to this very day, Thank you, I love you!
At 14 I found ceramic clays, this was the key, the one, the all that is in my life, clay. I took other classes, photography, jewelry making and lost wax casting, commercial art, fine art, stained glass, weaving, crafts, and anything else that I could get my hands on, everything I have learned comes in to play in my work, but I always come back to clay.
In 1979 I found oven bake clay, and that was the marriage of all of my loves, color, jewelry, and clay. The journey through this medium has been a long one and where I spend all of my time, it is my medium of my choice. In 1981, while raising our new family, my husband Howard and I started doing craft shows, street fairs, and swap meets to promote and sell our products. I have manufactured finished product to the wholesale and retail trade. At one point I had 18 employees and sold to Bullocks, Macy's, Nordstrom's, the Icing, and lots of other major stores at the time. I remember being the busiest I have ever been, having more money than I have ever had, and having no time or inclination to do more art or anything else. My work was in show rooms in New York and Los Angeles and I produced product lines 5 times a year. This is not always what it is cracked up to be. I learn things by going through them, at least that is the way I learn them best.
In the many changes I have made with this medium, it is time to make another, a time to be all I can be for myself and my family and not for another company or person. All of the pieces you see on my web site are made by me, with my own two hands, my heart and my soul, and are one of a kind.
Marie's Projects at FaveCrafts
Main Website: http://www.mariesegal.com
Blog: Art from my Heart
Etsy Store: www.mariesegal.etsy.com
Online Store: http://www.clayfactory.net/
Myspace: Marie Segal
CafePress: Marie Segal
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor