We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
My name is Lori Bergmann and as a lifelong creative spirit, Visual Art major, and former graphic designer, I love to experiment and use a wide variety of artistic mediums and techniques in my work. You name it—and I've probably tried it, or am planning to! Some of my greatest inspirations are nature, music and travel and I am known for my use of color and attention to detail. You may see many different styles in my work—ranging from freeform organics to precise graphic patterns— it all basically depends on what Muse is visiting me at the time!
An avid photographer, I discovered scrapbooking in early 1998 and on a lark, entered the first Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame contest six months later. I was chosen as one of the lucky winners and was blessed to have it quickly turn into a successful career in the crafts and hobby industry. I decided to give up my graphic design work to became a full-time freelance artist and writer for various magazines and companies. This was the perfect way for me to follow my artistic pursuits, and also stay home to be with my two young daughters.
After about eight years of working mainly in the paper crafting business, I decided that I needed a "hobby from my paying hobby" and when I saw someone demonstrating how to make glass beads at a craft show, I knew that was the one for me! I've always been fascinated with watching glass blowing artists at work and appreciated the beauty of how light shimmers through glass like no other medium. So discovering that I could do something similar on a smaller scale was a dream come true. I started collecting glass and other tools, but didn't get serious about it until late 2008. Now I'm completely "obsessed" with lampworking and incorporating my beads and metal clay charms into my own jewelry designs.
I've appeared several times on the DIY Scrapbooking television show and currently have over 395 craft projects, jewelry designs, and articles that have been featured in publications such as Better Homes and Gardens, Creating Keepsakes, Crafts/Paper Crafts, Stamp It!, Michaels Craft Stores, Creative Jewelry, Bead Unique, and Bead Trends magazines. I was an Honorable Mention Winner in the 2009 Bead Star contest in the Glass category and wrote a lampworking tutorial that was featured in The Flow magazine.
I've also written a book on Creative Painting, teach workshops, and offer design and consultation work for companies. Add all the above activities to a full-scale DIY home remodel job and raising two teenagers and two dogs with my wonderful hubby, and I guess you could say I lead a pretty crazy, but creative life!
Lori's Project at FaveCrafts.com
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- 18 Sewing Videos to Master Every Knot and Stitch
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page