Kathy Cano-Murillo, Craft Designer
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Kathy Cano-Murillo is a writer and artist. Since 1990, she has sold her handmade "Chicano Pop Art" crafts to hundreds of retailers including Bloomingdales, Target, and Hallmark.
From 2000-2008, she wrote a weekly syndicated Arizona Republic newspaper column for eight years, and has authored seven books including Crafty Chica's Art de la Soul and Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing. In 2001, Kathy launched CraftyChica.com, a wildly popular web site to inspire women to brighten their lives with clever craft ideas. She had a podcast series on iTunes, a web series on LifetimeTV.com, has been profiled in The New York Times, USA Today and NPR, and now has a Crafty Chica product line.
Kathy's mission is to promote, celebrate and share in the American craft experience. She is the founder of the Arizona art collective, The Phoenix Fridas. Many of Kathy's themes for her designs and books show a love for her Mexican-American culture. As a professional crafter, she is impressed that Latinos make up a large part of the $31 billion craft industry. Her goal is to promote and motivate women of all backgrounds, ages and ethnicities to join in the art and craft movement.
When she isn't creating, she writes novels. Her "Crafty Chica Novel" series debuted in March 2010 with Waking Up in the Land of Glitter (Grand Central Publishing). Her next book, Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing was released in March, 2011. Kathy lives in Phoenix, AZ, with her husband, two kids and five Chihuahuas. Her motto for life is "Crafts, drama and glitter."
Projects on FaveCrafts:
- Plastic Pendant Shrines
- How to Tie Dye Your Hair
- Flower Curtain
- Open Back Pendant Tutorial
- Glitzy Valentine Shadow Box
- Sugar Sweet Hearts
- Perfectly Painted Pumps
- Scraptastic Notebook
- Metal Stamped Pendant
- Tie Dye Embroidery
- Tie Dye Roses
- Movie Poster Pillow
- Daisy de la Flora Inspired Purse Clutch
- Fabric Heart Collage
- Glittericious Mixed Media Address Book
- Poetic Plant Pots
- Vintage Inspired Clutch Purse
- Festive Paper Flower Brooch
- Ribbon Scrap Lamp Shade
- Reindeer Rainbow Gift Bags
- T-Shirt Stockings for the Holidays
- Darling Wrapping Paper Wreath
- Art Studio Portrait Ornaments
- Creator's Holiday Wreath
- Polar Charm Candle Cozy
- North Pole Resin Snowflakes
- World's Fastest Name Ornaments
- DIY Spray Dyed Tote
- Sparkly Stained Glass Jars
- Tie Dye Swimsuit Coverup
- DIY Tie Dye Toms
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shooting Star Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway
- Houndstooth Wallpaper Stencil
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment