We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I am a hand-knitter and crocheter for more than 40 years. Throughout the years I also enjoyed cross stitch, hand sewing, and furniture refinishing and painting. I appreciate creativity (making things) and simply cannot live without it.
I was born in the Netherlands in a large family. I have four very crafty sisters and one brother. As a young girl, I went to a small village school. At age six, all the girls were taught knitting, crochet and hand sewing (we were actually taught how to knit on four needles almost immediately). I loved it from day one! My knitting evolved, of course- from doll’s clothing, bulky sweaters and cardigans to baby clothing, bags and lovely lace scarves. To me, knitting and crochet are therapeutic, calming and meditative all at the same time. My goal this year is to become a certified knitting and crochet teacher and to teach knitting. At the same time, I will post my new projects on my blog to share with others. I enjoy Pinterest very much but when I moved to the US in the early eighties, I brought a suitcase loaded with Dutch yarns and knitting patterns. I still have all my patterns.. It is my connection with Holland.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Cute Crochet Doll
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Pastel Peaks Crochet Baby Hat Pattern
- Recycled Crowns from Foil Wrapping Paper
- DIY Butterfly Valentine's Day Card Box Holder
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- Quick and Easy DIY Label
- Block Stitch Bun Hat Pattern
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea