We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Emma Hardy is a stylist and designer who has worked on various lifestyle and interiors magazine, including Country Homes and Interiors and Marie Claire. Her previous books include Green Crafts for Children, Making Children’s Clothes, Quilting in No Time and Sewing in No Time, all published by CICO Books. Married with two daughters, Emma lives in south London.
Emma's Newest Book:
Sewing for Children: 35 Step-by-Step Projects to Help Kids Aged 3 and Up Learn to Sew
Available to purchase at CICO Books
Sewing is fun, simple and inexpensive, so why not share this great activity with your kids? These 35 projects are specifically designed to help children learn to sew. You’ll be guided through each project step-by-step, helping little ones learn and have fun at the same time.
First-timers will find a whole variety of intriguing projects, including an animal mask suitable for tiny tailors and a drawstring bag for older kids. And once the basics have been mastered, a whole new world of creativity will be unlocked. Sewing is also a great way to make use of scraps of fabric lying around the house – old t-shirts can be transformed into toys, felt into cupcakes, and the list goes on.
Five chapters are packed with great ideas to get kids crafting. Beginning with Animals and Other Creatures, start stitching puppets, rabbits and other felt animals right away, plus quirky sock monsters to delight and surprise. There are Fairies and Dolls to make, plus all the items needed to throw the perfect tea party for toys. Every child loves Fancy Dress – sew a pirate hat and eye patch or a pretty dress that any princess will love to wear. Fashion Fun provides projects for little darlings who love to strike a pose. Jazz up jeans with appliqué decorations or sew some sequins on to a favorite t-shirt to give it a touch of glamour. Finally, the Bags, Books and Bedroom Bits and Pieces section has totes, pencil cases, book covers and bean bags that can be made in just an afternoon.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page