We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Designer for Diamond Tech
Growing up in the Boston suburbs with both parents involved in the arts, Diana was completely immersed in fine and decorative arts. It was just part of her chemistry and was encouraged to create. The Boston Museum of Art became her second home. She learned to draw, paint, throw pottery, silkscreen, wood-cut and etch print, weave, decoupage, knit and crochet. She minored in Fine Arts in college and won the Purchase Prize Award her sophomore year. Diana continued to dabble in the arts, focused on pen and ink architectural renderings, and worked in oil pastel. A number of works sold. It was not until 1999 that she combined her creativity with her profession, working for an art glass manufacturer.
Though never creating in stained glass before, Diana quickly fell in love with its uniqueness and versatility. For ten years, she has created pieces in traditional stained glass, mosaics, glass bead making and fusing. Many of her finished projects are used in trade show displays as well as advertising and marketing both in print and on-line. She has submitted her work to many craft magazines and they have appeared in Create and Decorate, Crafts n’ Things and Home Arts to name a few. One of her favorite pieces, a mosaic “Peter Rabbit” was a feature project in Michael’s annual calendar “Michael’s Creates.”
"I am blessed to have inherited artistic genes and have had such wonderful opportunities to express myself through the arts,” she said. Diana continues to look for new ways to create. She still picks up a pen or paint brush and is always looking to try new things.
Back to Main Diamond Tech Page
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page