We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I have always loved vintage and antique treasures, and I have also always made things. So it was natural that my love of old photographs prompted me to find a way to use them in an artful fashion. I wanted the images of yesterday’s souls, pets and places to have the chance to be seen again, appreciated again and known once more--even if I didn’t know their names or from whence they came. My desire to use these images led me to create pendant necklaces, wall jewelry and bracelets, incorporating in my designs other small, forgotten bits of vintage flotsam. Thus began my journey and continuing metamorphosis into wearable art.
For the last nine years I have been fortunate enough to be able to indulge myself in the pleasure of making jewelry on a part-time basis. I have participated in shows coast to coast including An Artfulfest, The Earth Angels’ “heART of winter” and Annual Spring Soiree Events, “Ghoultide Gathering”, The Country Living Fair and Paul Gordon’s “Friends in Christmas” event. I had the absolute thrill and honor of having my studio featured in the November 2009 Anniversary Issue of Where Women Create, and in September 2009 I was selected to host a jewelry and ornament making session sponsored by Gorilla Glue at The Country Living Fair.
In my everyday life I am a wife, mother of two children (my daughter Dakota is 15 and my son Spencer is 6), two dogs (Zeus and Zelda, brother and sister canines that are half Bull Mastiff and half St. Bernard) and I am a full-time school teacher-librarian. I live in Martinsburg, WV and drive a 104 mile commute everyday to Leesburg, VA. I turn this long and quiet commute into creative time, thinking up new jewelry ideas, designs and concepts. I have been teaching school for 21 years-- even though I said that I would never be a teacher since my parents were both educators! My parents are retired now, and when I grow up and retire, I hope to have lots of time to spend in my studio creating jewelry and other exciting projects.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project