We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I have always loved vintage and antique treasures, and I have also always made things. So it was natural that my love of old photographs prompted me to find a way to use them in an artful fashion. I wanted the images of yesterday’s souls, pets and places to have the chance to be seen again, appreciated again and known once more--even if I didn’t know their names or from whence they came. My desire to use these images led me to create pendant necklaces, wall jewelry and bracelets, incorporating in my designs other small, forgotten bits of vintage flotsam. Thus began my journey and continuing metamorphosis into wearable art.
For the last nine years I have been fortunate enough to be able to indulge myself in the pleasure of making jewelry on a part-time basis. I have participated in shows coast to coast including An Artfulfest, The Earth Angels’ “heART of winter” and Annual Spring Soiree Events, “Ghoultide Gathering”, The Country Living Fair and Paul Gordon’s “Friends in Christmas” event. I had the absolute thrill and honor of having my studio featured in the November 2009 Anniversary Issue of Where Women Create, and in September 2009 I was selected to host a jewelry and ornament making session sponsored by Gorilla Glue at The Country Living Fair.
In my everyday life I am a wife, mother of two children (my daughter Dakota is 15 and my son Spencer is 6), two dogs (Zeus and Zelda, brother and sister canines that are half Bull Mastiff and half St. Bernard) and I am a full-time school teacher-librarian. I live in Martinsburg, WV and drive a 104 mile commute everyday to Leesburg, VA. I turn this long and quiet commute into creative time, thinking up new jewelry ideas, designs and concepts. I have been teaching school for 21 years-- even though I said that I would never be a teacher since my parents were both educators! My parents are retired now, and when I grow up and retire, I hope to have lots of time to spend in my studio creating jewelry and other exciting projects.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Purple Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Printable Quote Coloring Sheet
- Imp Hair Hat
- V-Stitch Hats For All
- Celtic Passion Beanie
- Bright and Colorful Loom Knit Hat
- Super Bulky Oversized Messy Bun Hat
- Seashore Messy Bun Hat
- Heart Quartet Mandala Coloring Page
- Short n Sassy Messy Bun Hat