We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A 33 year-old mother of two, Dana’s husband calls her a busy-body. She couldn’t agree more. When the children go to sleep the count-down begins. How much creative energy can she expound in one night? Sewing projects, refashioning ideas, blogging, photo tweaking, skirt making, and late night cookie baking often keep her up till 2am. It’s a good thing the kids sleep-in till 8.
Many of Dana’s sewing projects revolve around clothing, home decor, refashioning, creating her own patterns, and sharing Tutorials on her blog. Her designs have been featured in the upcoming Craft Hope book, in the British publication SEW Magazine, Wardrobe Refashion, and on sites such as Odeedoh and Craft.
One her goals as a designer and blogger is to help the Sewer of any skill-level realize that they can sew without a store-bought pattern. Want to make something? Don't thumb through huge pattern books at the store, trying to find that image you see in your mind. Just do it! It's not difficult to recreate something that's already been done or to figure out how to manufacture an idea from your head onto fabric. You just need to understand some basics of how clothes are put together. Start by studying your own clothing. Take apart an old shirt and use it as a pattern for a new shirt. Your eyes will be opened to a spectrum of possibilities. And the more you create, the more you will surprise yourself at what a creative person you really are!
Parallel to her sewing, Dana finds the photo shoot to showcase her ideas equally as thrilling. Trying to make clothing look beautiful and fresh through photography is a big part of what she loves and how she blogs. Please visit her at MADE.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sandits Sanding Sticks
- Apricot Bath Bomb Recipe
- Homemade Lip Balm
- Spiced Brown Sugar Scrub
- Tree of Love DIY Wedding Centerpiece
- Painted Tool Box DIY Father's Day Gift
- Mary Vaughn
- Red and Black Dangly Plastic Earrings
- Refashioned Patchwork Jacket Sewing Pattern
- Coraline's Summer Baby Hat Pattern