We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
So many crafts, so little time! I am a bonafide fabricholic and enjoy making many kinds of crafts but my first love is quilting. I have been designing and making quilts since the early 80's when my first grandson was born and I decided to make a quilt for him. Up until then, I had made costumes and clothing for my children and me, custom draperies and slipcovers, and even complete upholstery to extend the life of our furnishings. I love refurbishing and recycling, and quilting is the original recycle going back to our great, great, great grandmothers out of complete necessity.
I am self taught and design most of the quilts I create. I enjoy facilitating others in accomplishing their own creations. Working with inner city children to help them find and develop their artistry in dyeing fabric and sewing was one of the projects that I have been most pleased with. One quilt I designed so it could be made by handicapped residents in a care center for their gathering room. Other quilts for retirement centers were also designed and organized so that the retirees could be involved in construction of quilts for their main meeting rooms.
I thoroughly enjoyed having my own quilt show, "Quick Quilts", on public access TV in Cincinnati, Ohio. We featured quilt events, how-to's, and sometimes little old lady quilters. Now, I am one of those little old lady quilters.
My sister and I designed costumes for twice a year Passion Plays that played to audiences of 2,000-3,500. This satisfied my yen for creating all things glitz and shine and led to a line of praise banners that were incorporated into the presentations. Some of my quilt and banner designs have been translated into pattern form so that churches can create their own. I will also design and create custom banners and wallhangings for clients who have their own ideas.
I am now a great grandmother making clothing, costumes and quilts for my third generation and loving it.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
- How to Make a DIY Candle Holder
- How to Make a No-Sew Canopy
- Last Supper Wall Hanging
- American Girl Doll Sandals
- T-Shirt Jeans Dresses
- How to Make a Cardboard Fringe Loom
- How to Make Yarn Fringe
- How to Make a Pom Pom
- Reversible American Girl Doll Top
- Repurposed Organizer
- T-Shirt Quilts
- Photo Quilts
- Big Fat Faux Wedding Cake Centerpiece
- Oatmeal Box Doll Cradle
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie