We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
So many crafts, so little time! I am a bonafide fabricholic and enjoy making many kinds of crafts but my first love is quilting. I have been designing and making quilts since the early 80's when my first grandson was born and I decided to make a quilt for him. Up until then, I had made costumes and clothing for my children and me, custom draperies and slipcovers, and even complete upholstery to extend the life of our furnishings. I love refurbishing and recycling, and quilting is the original recycle going back to our great, great, great grandmothers out of complete necessity.
I am self taught and design most of the quilts I create. I enjoy facilitating others in accomplishing their own creations. Working with inner city children to help them find and develop their artistry in dyeing fabric and sewing was one of the projects that I have been most pleased with. One quilt I designed so it could be made by handicapped residents in a care center for their gathering room. Other quilts for retirement centers were also designed and organized so that the retirees could be involved in construction of quilts for their main meeting rooms.
I thoroughly enjoyed having my own quilt show, "Quick Quilts", on public access TV in Cincinnati, Ohio. We featured quilt events, how-to's, and sometimes little old lady quilters. Now, I am one of those little old lady quilters.
My sister and I designed costumes for twice a year Passion Plays that played to audiences of 2,000-3,500. This satisfied my yen for creating all things glitz and shine and led to a line of praise banners that were incorporated into the presentations. Some of my quilt and banner designs have been translated into pattern form so that churches can create their own. I will also design and create custom banners and wallhangings for clients who have their own ideas.
I am now a great grandmother making clothing, costumes and quilts for my third generation and loving it.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
- How to Make a DIY Candle Holder
- How to Make a No-Sew Canopy
- Last Supper Wall Hanging
- American Girl Doll Sandals
- T-Shirt Jeans Dresses
- How to Make a Cardboard Fringe Loom
- How to Make Yarn Fringe
- How to Make a Pom Pom
- Reversible American Girl Doll Top
- Repurposed Organizer
- T-Shirt Quilts
- Photo Quilts
- Big Fat Faux Wedding Cake Centerpiece
- Oatmeal Box Doll Cradle
- Lace Victorian Hat DIY Craft Project
- Steampunk Hat and Fingerless Gloves
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life