We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I am a mother of 2 married daughter’s and blessed with 7 Grand Children and 4 Great Grand Children who all keep me busy with anything from any crafting category. I’ve always created as long as I remember. My parents bought me all kinds of art material when growing up. I was like a sponge when it came to art and crafts and hung out with teachers and other crafty friends to hone my skills and gather knowledge. Someone was always asking me to paint, decoupage, design or needlework something for them. Idea’s would pop into my head so often I started making little notes to myself to remind me about projects to complete. My favorite craft is crochet, then sewing, beading and knitting.
When I was 4 years old a favorite Aunt taught me to crochet and I really loved it. It was difficult at first because, she only crocheted beautiful lace like articles out of fine crochet threads like doilies, bedspreads, dainty gloves, etc. By the time I was 5, I was looking for new stitches, larger hooks and fresh patterns. Like all needlework crafters I was always circulating between 4 or 5 projects at a time.
Before retiring, I worked for the city recreation department in the administrative office for children’s programs. I used to teach classes in different crafts including crochet and knitting. Children learn quickly if you give them something age appropriate and interesting to work on. Our recreation centers used to host flea markets inside and around their buildings to make money for programs. We would make things to sell like African masks, knit and crocheted articles for anyone, and crafting supplies like homemade beads or homegrown gourds for crafters like us.
I really enjoyed working with the children’s programs and it taught me a lot, especially patience but, I thoroughly enjoy being retired. I retired in 2007 and haven’t had a boring moment yet. I think senior living is the best job I’ve ever had and I have so many more projects to create that I need the time.
Berta Gilholm, from St. Petersburg Florida, is a retired-and-enjoying-it senior citizen.
Berta's Free Craft Projects on FaveCrafts:
Baby Crochet Patterns
Free Jewelry Projects
- Boucle Bed Spread
- 4th of July Hat
- Antique Any Occasion Pressed Flower Card
- Beaded Bath Bucket
- Blue Beaded Poncho
- Broom Handle Draft Dodger
- Crochet Mood Doll
- Firecracker Duster
- Gift Tag Magnets
- Oatmeal Box Pencil Holder
- Snood Headband
- Sock Bed for Kitty
- Striped Fingerless Gloves
- Scrap Squares Rug
- Granny Gee's Crocheted Pillow Cover
- Plastic Holiday Magnets
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket
- Jumbo Easter Egg Kids Craft Idea
- Cuddly Bunny Easter Sewing Project
- Cuddle Up Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Polka Dot Spring Vase Craft
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn