We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Anna Freitag Smith is a recovering financial planner, jewelry & accessories designer, wife, mom of a tot, writer, small business consultant/coach, and serial entrepreneur. She’s found that she has a special talent for making something pretty great out of not-so-much. She’s crafty, loves style and domestic endeavors. She knows the importance of a good, home-cooked meal and good financial statements.
Anna developed a love for design & crafting when she started sewing at age four (but lots of artwork and crafts came even before that!). She spent her youth scouring Los Angeles vintage and thrift stores for unique and inexpensive school clothes. Anna was influenced by 80s punk rock and alternative music and quickly learned to stand out in a crowd. With an appreciation for unique style, Anna began designing her own clothing and matching jewelry by fashioning accessories out of scrap metals and varied materials.
After graduating from Pepperdine University’s business school, Anna continued a career in financial planning and focused her creativity once again on making jewelry to give her conservative business suits a distinguished edge. In 2005, Anna realigned her values and moved her success from the corporate world to focus full time on one of her crafts: jewelry and accessory design. Using her experience as a vehicle to build her own dreams, she launched AnneyFriday in 2005, and was able to blend her business background and natural, creative values to live a more balanced life. She now shares this knowledge with others who want to turn their craft and passions into a business, all while balancing work and family life. Anna’s blog, Penny Sophisticate, gives tools and resources to help the juggling act.
Anna’s passion for food, art, travel, fashion, interiors and the aesthetics of the outdoors led to her drive for design and creativity. Anna pulls inspiration from tropical landscapes and the dry heat of Southern California to create cool, laid-back projects. Anna’s designs have been featured in publications such as Coast Magazine, Malibu Times Magazine, OC Metro, Style Bakery, Fashion Plate, and Adorn London.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie