We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Anna Freitag Smith is a recovering financial planner, jewelry & accessories designer, wife, mom of a tot, writer, small business consultant/coach, and serial entrepreneur. She’s found that she has a special talent for making something pretty great out of not-so-much. She’s crafty, loves style and domestic endeavors. She knows the importance of a good, home-cooked meal and good financial statements.
Anna developed a love for design & crafting when she started sewing at age four (but lots of artwork and crafts came even before that!). She spent her youth scouring Los Angeles vintage and thrift stores for unique and inexpensive school clothes. Anna was influenced by 80s punk rock and alternative music and quickly learned to stand out in a crowd. With an appreciation for unique style, Anna began designing her own clothing and matching jewelry by fashioning accessories out of scrap metals and varied materials.
After graduating from Pepperdine University’s business school, Anna continued a career in financial planning and focused her creativity once again on making jewelry to give her conservative business suits a distinguished edge. In 2005, Anna realigned her values and moved her success from the corporate world to focus full time on one of her crafts: jewelry and accessory design. Using her experience as a vehicle to build her own dreams, she launched AnneyFriday in 2005, and was able to blend her business background and natural, creative values to live a more balanced life. She now shares this knowledge with others who want to turn their craft and passions into a business, all while balancing work and family life. Anna’s blog, Penny Sophisticate, gives tools and resources to help the juggling act.
Anna’s passion for food, art, travel, fashion, interiors and the aesthetics of the outdoors led to her drive for design and creativity. Anna pulls inspiration from tropical landscapes and the dry heat of Southern California to create cool, laid-back projects. Anna’s designs have been featured in publications such as Coast Magazine, Malibu Times Magazine, OC Metro, Style Bakery, Fashion Plate, and Adorn London.
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Easy Side Table Skirting Tutorial
- Thought Bubble Bulletin Board Design
- Valentine's Day Mini Dress Card
- Feather Heart and Valentine's Day DIY Photo Props
- You Are MINT to Be My Valentine
- Vintage Valentine's Day Decor
- Valentine's Day Sock Monkey Coffee Cozy Pattern
- Green Tree Handmade Cards