Use an inexpensive paper napkin to create a collage on virtually any surface, including wood, glass, plastic or textile. This technique uses a colorful paper napkin for a travel collage.
- Decorative Paper Napkins
- Artist Trading Canvas™ (ATC) or Matboard
- Perfect Paper Adhesive™ – Matte, Gloss, or both
- Crystal Shimmers™
- Perfect Glaze™ – Clear
- Perfect Pigment™ – Metallic Gold and Cobalt Turquoise Hue
- Paint Brush
- Small mixing cup
- Select the paper napkin. Tear or cut away the portions of the napkin you will not be using. (Use a slightly damp brush to draw water around a motif, then gently tear it out.)
- Then remove the back paper layers. There are almost always two and they must be removed in order for the design to adhere to the surface.
- Mix a couple drops of each of the two Perfect Pigment™ colors – Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Metallic Gold, with just a touch of Perfect Glaze™ – Clear. You may also sprinkle into the glaze mix, a ‘touch’ of the Crystal Shimmers™.
- Paint the ATC with both the Gold & Turquoise blending the colors, starting with the Turquoise at the top and the Gold nearer the bottom.
- Depending on the look you prefer, use either the matte or gloss Perfect Paper Adhesive™ to adhere the napkin, composing the elements into a pleasing design. If you like a very glossy appearance, smooth on a much heavier layer when the composition is complete, and let it dry completely before assembly.
- While either adhesive is still wet, sprinkle on another touch of Crystal Shimmers™.
- Mount and adhere the card layers together using Great Tape™.