Decorate for the holidays with these easy, DIY Christmas crafts. This personalized snowman sled will make any home feel cozy and festive this winter.
- Wooden Sled-purchased at craft store
- Wooden Snowmen (pictured sled will hold up to six snowmen), purchased at craft store
- 2 yards decorative holiday ribbon
- Delta Ceramacoat acrylic paints in Teddy Bear Brown, Tomatoe Spice, Magnolia White, Black , Bittersweet Orange and White
- 1 inch Flat brush
- #4 Flat brush
- Fine liner brush
- Scraps of fabric for scarves
- ¼ inch drill for holes
- Black finepoint Sharpie marker
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft sponge
- Fine grade sand paper
- Sand down the sled with fine grade sand paper. Wipe clean with a dry cloth.
- Drill a hole in front and back rudder on same side of sled.
- Using flat large flat brush base coat entire sled with Magnolia White. Let paint dry.
- Lightly sand down entire sled. Wipe clean with a dry cloth.
- With medium flat brush apply Teddy Bear Brown to rudders. Let paint dry.
- Paint top and bottom of sled with Tomatoe Spice using #4 flat brush. Let paint dry.
- Lightly dab White paint onto craft sponge and randomly sponge paint top of sled. Let dry.
- Tie a knot in one end of ribbon and run ribbon thru hole in rudder from inside to outside and from outside to inside on other side. Secure hanger by tying knot.
- Lightly sand snowmen. Wipe clean as above.
- Paint snowmen white. Let dry.
- Using the end of the #4 brush dip into black paint to make eyes dotted.
- Use fine liner and Bittersweet Orange to paint on nose. Let dry.
- Wrap fabric scrap around the neck and secure with a dot of hot glue.
- Write each name on a snowman with Sharpie black marker.
- Hot glue each snowman to the front of sled.