It's amazing what you can do with just two clay pots. Make this Reindeer With Brown Texture Paint for a great Christmas craft. You'll have a cute, decorative craft to put on display.
- 229 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Light Flesh, 2 oz.
- 2869 - FolkArt ® Texture Paint - Brown, 4 oz.
- 901 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- 932 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Calico Red, 2 oz.
- 938 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- 2 clay pots
- same size
- Brown felt square
- Tan felt square
- 2 twigs cut to look like antlers
- Hot glue gun with glue
- Palette knife
- #8 flat brush
- Liner brush
- Wax paper
- Cover work area with wax paper.
- Hot glue open ends of pots together.
- Paint antlers with Light Flesh. Set aside to dry.
- Using palette knife, ice the reindeer head with Brown Texture Paint, mounding a little extra on the top. Stick the brush handle in the top where the antlers will be glued later. Also create holes to glue in felt ears later. Let dry.
- Paint eye shapes with Wicker White. Paint nose oval with Calico Red.
- Paint mouth with Licorice. When white is dry, paint black eye pupils.
- Side load flat brush with licorice and shade under eye. Refer to photo.
- Glue antlers into holes on top of head.
- Trace around a soup spoon onto brown felt. Cut out 2.
- Trace around a teaspoon onto tan felt. Cut out 2.
- Alien tan felt inside brown felt and cut bottoms flat.
- Put glue along bottom edge and pinch together.
- Put hot glue into holes for ears and push bottom of felt ears in with handle of brush.