Let Lifestyle Crafts help you count down the days until Christmas with A Colorful Countdown to Christmas advent calendar. Activity ideas are inserted into each pocket to help spread the joy throughout the month. Use your die-cut machine to make your calendar festive!
- Die Cut machine
- Variety of dies (see what we used below)
- Cardboard or hard backing
- Use the Coin Envelope die for the pockets and embellish each day with 'Be Splendid' dies!
- The number labels are made with Nesting Eyelet Circles, Nesting Circles, and the Tiki Alphabet.
- Inside each pocket is a Christmas activity for the family. Use the Nesting Frame 2 die to make these. They fit perfectly inside the Coin Envelope die.
- Day 12 is beautifully made with the Poinsettia die. All of the colors work so wonderfully together!
- Day 13 is adorned with the Santa Silhouette 2x2 die.
- Day 24 is made with the reindeer portion of the Sleigh + Reindeer die.
Here's our list of activites...but feel free to make your own!
- Make Christmas treats and take some to a neighbor
- Bake gingerbread cookies. Be sure to make extra for family and friends
- Make a kid-friendly Christmas craft
- Make hand print ball ornaments, label them and put the year
- Make paper snowflakes for the windows
- Build a gingerbread house
- Put up indoor Christmas decorations
- Put up the Christmas lights on the house
- Make homemade ornaments
- Make scented pinecones
- Go sledding
- Buy a Christmas gift for a needy family
- Build a snowman
- Clean out old toys and clothes to donate
- Do a family service project
- Visit grandparents
- Go shopping, have the kids buy gifts for their friends, come home and wrap!
- Go ice skating
- See the Christmas lights at the park
- Drive around the neighborhood together and look at Christmas lights
- Take food to the local food pantry or homeless shelter
- Read the Christmas story from the Bible
- Pop popcorn and watch a Christmas movie together
- Make homemade fudge