Plain papier maché goes glitzy with metallic paints and ribbon to dress up your holiday tree with this craft from Krylon.
- Krylon Gesso Spray - White (#7015)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold Plate (#1000)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Sterling Silver (#1030)
- Papier mache ornaments in various shapes and sizes
- Assorted wire edge, ribbons (models use either gold or silver in these sizes: 12 of 1/8", 14 of 3/8" and 16 of 5/8")
- 14 to 16 lengths of 1/8" diameter gold or silver metallic cord
- Gold and silver metallic trims
- Small buttons
- Jingle bells
- Thick white craft glue
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Rods to hang the ornaments on while painting and drying
- Create patterns on ornaments by either gluing buttons on them with craft glue (see small silver heart and large gold ball, lower right) or adding patterns with beads of glue from the glue gun (see small gold heart and large silver ball). Hang from rods to allow glue to dry.
- Hang ornaments from rods. Spray with Gesso. Allow to dry. Spray ornaments with either 18 KT. Gold Plate or Sterling Silver (two coats are recommended). Allow to dry.
- Tie bows in ribbon or cord and glue to tops of ornaments at hangers.
- Have fun by gluing trims to painted balls dividing them into segments or around the equator (see large gold ball, center) or in any other pattern you choose.
- Paint simple star shapes to add interest and dazzle to the tree.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.