Recycle an old paint can into a fun Christmas gift box painted with a winter wonderland. Make a snowman and snowflakes from scrapbook paper.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCA39 - Forest Green
- DCA47 - Black
- DCA98 - Party Pink
- DCA102 - Tropical Blue
- DCA103 - Citrus Green
- PP03 - Blue Dream
- PP04 - Sea Mist
- PP05 - Cashmere Pink
- PP07 - White
Paper Perfect Accents
- Snowflake punch
- Scrapbook paper, striped and polka dot
- Lime Green chenille stems (2)
- Ribbon (cut in 5" pieces): 7/8" Kiwi Dot; 5/8" Multi Stripe Pastel; 3/8" Dippy Dots Turquoise
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Cellulose sponge
- Plastic page protectors
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pencil with clean eraser
- Gallon Paint Can
Make one each of Sea Mist, Cashmere Pink, and White Paper Perfect sheets. (Follow label instructions for spreading Paper Perfect onto sheet protectors.)
While wet, sprinkle approximately three-fourths of the White sheet with Celestial White Glitter. Once dry, remove from sheet protectors and use as directed.
- Use palette knife to apply Blue Dream Paper Perfect onto top three-fourths of paint can forming wavy border at bottom edge. Apply White on remaining quarter of can, meeting the blue edge. Press sponge onto surface to remove excess moisture from Paper Perfect and compress fibers. Let dry.
- Use scissors to cut a snowman shape from white glitter Paper Perfect sheet. Place wood snowflake onto white glitter paper and trace shape with pencil. Use scissors to cut out snowflake and two triangle tree shapes from Sea Mist sheet.
- Use snowflake punch to cut out small snowflakes from each Paper Perfect sheet.
- Use paint can lid and pencil to transfer circle onto polka dot scrapbook paper. Cut out circle and adhere to lid.
- Cut "shirt" from striped scrapbook paper and nose from orange stripe of striped scrapbook paper.
- Use pencil eraser to dot Party Pink, Tropical Blue, and Citrus Green onto trees. Let dry.
- Dip pencil tip in Black to dot eyes on snowman.
- Assembly: Twist chenille stems for arms and adhere to snowman back. Adhere shirt and nose to snowman, then trees, snowman, and small flakes to can. Adhere large paper snowflake onto wood shape. Thread beads on cording and adhere to large snowflake. Tie alternating colors of ribbon pieces onto can handle. Tie wood snowflake onto handle and use as a gift tag.
- Tint green Paper Perfect with Forest Green acrylic and pink Paper Perfect with Party Pink acrylic as desired.
- Use palette knife to apply green mix on tree frame and pink mix on star frame. While wet, sprinkle with glitter or when dry, dot with paint.