Not only is this snowflake glass tree from Etchworld Armour a beautiful decoration for your home, but it also serves as a candy dish. This can make for a nice personalized gift and you can add initials to it with lettering stencils.
- Christmas Tree candy jar (ours is 11” high)
- #21-1612 Over N Over Large Snowflakes stencil
- Armour Etch Cream*, Sand Etch Kit** or Pencil Bottle Blaster***
- Rub N Buff (#61-3329 Metallics or #61-3330 colors)
- 4-4.5mm Rhinestones (color of your choice)
- Glass Glue
- Masking tape
- Cotton swab
- Soft paper towels
- Disposable small plastic plate or I like using flat blister packaging plastic (for placing a dab of glue on) & running water
- Arrange all of the snowflake stencils randomly around tree using project photo as a guide for placement or as desired.
- Cover open spaces in between stencils with masking tape, overlapping edges and covering any glass not to be etched.
- Following package directions that came with either your Armour Etch Cream bottle, Sand Etch Kit or by using standard sandblasting techniques with the Pencil Bottle Blaster, proceed with etching the snowflakes.
- Rinse tree under warm running water until no visible cream or sand remains on glass. Peel off tape, remove stencils, shake off excess water and lay back on carrier sheet to dry. Rinse vase again until no residue of the cream or sand remains.
- Place a small amount of Rub N Buff on the end of a cotton swab and smear over a snowflake (don’t worry, you don’t have to be neat about it). After about a minute, wipe off the excess Rub N Buff, turn towel around and buff up to a luster. Any Rub n Buff that is on the shiny glass will come off during the buffing process. Set jar aside and allow to dry.
- Take the plastic plate and put a small dab of glue on it.
- Decorate the centers of the snowflakes with rhinestones by dabbing a small dot of glue slightly smaller than the rhinestone in the center of the flake. (The glue dries quickly, so only do a few at a time) Place rhinestone on glue dot and press down until you see a rim of glue show around edge of stone. Let dry thoroughly. For best results hand wash jar only (no chemical cleaners or dishwasher- it will strip off stones & Rub N Buff)
Armour Etch Cream:
- #15-0150 Armour Etch 3 oz
- #15-0200 Armour Etch 10 oz
- #15-0250 Armour Etch 22 oz
Sand Etch Kits:
- #70-9001 Sand Etch starter kit
- #70-9000 Sand Etch deluxe kit
**** Pencil Bottle Blaster (requires a compressor & 220 grit): #61-5020