Pretty Papers Christmas Tree
Decorating for the holidays doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. Pull out last year's Christmas paper and follow these simple steps for a festive tree you can display in any room in the house!
- Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
- Acrylic gems - red stars or desired color to match
- White posterboard
- Cardstock papers - assorted coordinating Christmas prints and one solid color
- Measure and cut 8" squares from different cardstock papers - printed or plain.
- Pull paper along edge of table to start roll of paper. Roll paper into a tight cone. Add a bead of Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™ along edge then press in place over paper underneath, then add a clothespin to hold in place. Lift up edge of paper on the inside and add glue then hold with clothespin. Repeat step with all cones.
- Once dry, remove clothespins and trim off excess paper at tip, creating a "v" shape.
- Trace star onto solid coordinating paper and cut out. Trace tree backing pattern onto posterboard.
- Cones will be glued onto posterboard starting at the bottom. Apply glue to back of roll then press in place forming trunk of tree. Refer to photo. Position next layer of cones then apply glue to back and along sides where cones touch each other. Press in place. Hold for a few seconds. Glue on remaining cones to form tree. Let dry. Glue top star in place.
- Add a dot of glue to back of red star gems then place where shown.