Paint yourself a nutcracker this Christmas season. Wine glasses don't have to be plain and boring, now you can have fun with them and dress them up according to the holiday.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White
- DAG36 - True Blue
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG71 - Glorious Gold
- DAG78 - Flesh Tone
- DAG129 - True Red
- DAG151 - Royal Fuchsia
- DAG166 - Deep Midnight Blue
- #10/0 liner brush
- #3 and #6 round brushes
- 1/2" flat brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Small round sponge pouncer
- 19-ounce balloon goblet
Note: Let dry between steps.
Preparation: Clean goblet with alcohol. Dry well with paper towel or soft cloth. Position and tape pattern to inside of goblet.
- Use #6 round brush and Flesh Tone to paint face. Shade with Royal Fuchsia.
- Use #6 round brush and Black to paint hat. Shade with White.
- Use 1/2" flat brush and True Blue to shade one side of hat.
- Use #3 round brush and White to paint eyes, teeth, beard, hair, and eyebrows.
- Use #3 round brush and True Red to paint cheeks and coat.
- Use liner brush and True Red to outline teeth. (Refer to photo.)
- Use #3 round brush and True Blue for center of eyes.
- Use #3 round brush and Glorious Gold to paint jacket braids and buttons on hat and jacket.
- Use liner brush and Glorious Gold to paint chain on hat.
- Use liner brush and Black to outline eyes, nose, mouth, beard, eyebrows, and buttons.
- Use liner and Black to make waves on braid and beard. (Refer to photo.)
- Use #3 round brush and Black to make mustache.
- Use flat brush and Deep Midnight Blue to paint stem and base.
- Use flat brush and True Red to paint diamonds on base.
- Use #6 round brush and Glorious Gold to paint braid on rim of base.
- Use pouncer and Glorious Gold to pounce random dots on goblet.
- Allow to air dry for 48 hours.
- Place in painted goblet in cool oven and set on 325 degrees. When oven reaches 325 degrees, set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off oven, crack open door, and allow piece to completely cool before removing.