Porcelain clay and gold leaf add an extra special touch to a Christmas greeting card from AMACO.
- AMACO® Craft Porcelain Modeling Material
- AMACO® Rub ‘n Buff® — Gold Leaf
- Loew-Cornell Water Color Crayons
- Black Card Stock
- Grey Paper
- Decorative Papers in Colors of Choice
- #2 Rounded Tip Clay Shaper
- Fiskars Paper Edgers — Deckle Paper
- Glue of Choice.
Helpful Hint: Keep a small bowl of water and paper towels handy. Wrap craft projects in wet paper towel to keep it from drying out.
- Letters are created by rolling a ball of clay into a log and shaping it into the desired letter. When dry to the touch, apply Rub ‘n Buff®. Note: The size of the ball determines the size of the letter.
- Holly berries: Roll 3 small balls.
- Leaves: Roll a ¼" ball into a teardrop and flatten. Feather edges of leaves until they are thin. Draw in veins with clay shaper.
- Place three leaves together. Paint green with watercolor crayons. Paint berries red and apply over top of leaves.
- Cut Black Cardstock:
# 6" x 12" (fold in half)
# 3" x 3"
# 2¾" x 2¾" (cut edges with deckle scissors)
# 1½" x 5½" strip
- Cut Grey paper:
# 2;" x 2"
# ½" x 5½"
- Layer the paper using the picture as a guide. Add mullbery paper to top of square. Glue on holly embellishment and letters. Highlight edges of paper with Rub ‘n Buff®
- Add interest by varying the size of the card such as in the second sample. Embellish the letters with holly leaves or other flowers of choice.