Create holiday candle holders from AMACO, made from wire mesh and embossed foil. A group of three as shown would look wonderful as a table centerpiece.
- AMACO® WireForm®:
- 50005E Sparkle Mesh, Aluminum
- 50027M Designer’s Mesh, Brass
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® soft embossing metal:
- Tea Light Candle Holders:
- Small- 2"
- Medium- 31/2"
- Large- 5"
- Christmas Tree punch
- Jewelry Findings: Jump rings
- 1/16" Hole Punch
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Rubber Bands
Note: Read and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Note: Wear gloves to protect hands.
Steps to follow for each candle holder:
- From the aluminum WireForm® Sparkle Mesh, measure and cut out:
- Small candle holder: four 4" x 41/2" rectangles.
- Medium candle holder: four 4" x 6" rectangles.
- Large candle holder: four 4" x 71/2" rectangles.
- Cut the two top corners off of the long end of each rectangle to form an “A” shaped peak.
- Wrap the four sparkle mesh rectangles around the tea light candle holder and secure with rubber bands.
- Pull two long wire strands from the brass WireForm®. Wrap these wires around the candle holder as shown. Remove the rubber bands.
- Fold each of the four sparkle mesh peaks downward as shown.
- Using the Christmas tree punch, punch out ten Christmas trees from the gold ArtEmboss® foil.
- Carefully punch a tiny hole at the top of each Christmas tree with the 1/16" hole punch.
- Attach the Christmas trees to the mesh using jump rings and needle nose pliers, as shown.
- Add tea candles to each candle holder for a beautiful holiday display.