Make room in your home decor this winter for a jolly snowman hanging hung from a clothes hanger disguised with Christmas garland.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO36 - True Blue
- DAO42 - Baby Blue
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA170 - Santa Red
- DA192 - Pink Chiffon
- DA196 - Tangelo Orange
- FP01 - White
- FP02 - Yellow
- FP04 - Red
- FP08 - Blue
- FP09 - Black
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Foam plate
- White plastic hanger
- 1 1/2 yard of wired coordinating ribbon
- Greenery (We used small pine/poinsettia/holly mix bush.)
- Wire cutter
- White wood or craft foam
- Snowflake brads
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 12" x 16" canvas sheet (bought in pads, acrylic primed, medium weight)
1. Basecoat canvas Baby Blue; let dry.
2. Trace pattern onto canvas.
3. Use Snow White to paint snowman's face; let dry.
4. Use Pink Chiffon to paint circles for cheeks on snowman; let dry.
5. Use Tangelo Orange to paint carrot nose; let dry.
6. Use Lamp Black to paint top of hat and hat rim; let dry.
7. Referring to photo for placement, use Cadmium Yellow to paint sections of scarf and hat band; let dry.
8. Refer to photo for placement and use Santa Red and True Blue to paint remaining sections of scarf; let dry.
9. Refer to photo for placement and use Red Foam Paint to paint circle patterns on hat band and some Cadmium Yellow areas of scarf. Paint words; let all dry.
10. Use Blue to paint spirals on remaining Cadmium Yellow areas of scarf; paint line across bottom edge of scarf.
11. Use Black to paint ovals for eyes and dots for mouth.
12. Use Yellow to paint dots pattern on True Blue areas of scarf.
13. Alternate White, Red, Blue, and Yellow Foam Paint to paint lines for scarf fringe; let dry.
14. Use White to paint snowflakes and dots on Baby Blue background.
15. Spray painted canvas with Americana Gloss Spray and let dry.
16. Center and glue top edge of canvas around bottom of hanger.
17. Tie ribbon into bow and trim ends of streamers. Glue knot of bow over center of hanger below hook, concealing as much of it as possible. Loosely wrap streamers around sides of hanger and glue in place at back.
18. Trimming off excess stems, tuck in pieces of greenery around streamers and glue to hanger to cover front side. Glue snowflake brads over ribbon and greenery.