Simple wood shapes and acrylic paint become a funky Santa figure with decorations and a bag of gifts. This Santa is perfect for the mantle.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA170 - Santa Red
- DA212 - Deep Periwinkle
- DA235 - Citron Green
- 6 flat brush
- 12 flat brush
- 0 liner brush
- white boa
- 3x4" bag by Bag Its
- chenille stems: gold and white
- wire cutters
- fun foam
- low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- craft wire
- water container
- paper towels
- palette or plastic plate
- tracing and transfer paper
- Styrofoam flat bell shape
- small Styrofoam ball
- small dowels
- wooden tree by Lara's Crafts
- moon shapes by Lara's Crafts(4)
- star by Lara's Crafts
- small wooden bead
- Santa's Hat Pattern
- Trace and transfer hat pattern onto fun foam and cut out. Roll foam into cone shape and secure with glue.
- Basecoat as follows: head - Flesh Tone; body and moon shoes - Deep Periwinkle; nose - mix of Flesh Tone and Santa Red; tree - Mistletoe; two dowel sections - Citron Green; short dowel section - Glorious Gold. Let dry.
- Use 6 flat brush and Santa Red to paint vertical stripes on body. Let dry.
- Use brush handle end to dot hat and body stripes with Glorious Gold and ornaments on tree with Citron Green, Deep Periwinkle, and Santa Red.
- To assemble: Cut toothpick in half. Push one end into head. Secure with glue. Push other end into top of body and secure with glue.
- Push dowel legs into body bottom. Adhere two moon shapes to each dowel each.
- Adhere star onto hat and hat onto head.
- Adhere gold dowel onto tree, chenille stems across bottom of body, and boa beard and nose onto face.
- Wrap craft wire around neck to form arms. Adhere tree to one arm and bag to other.
- Use brush handle end to dot on eyes with Titanium White and Lamp Black.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Beaded Wooden Cross
Candy Cane Santa