Decorate your Christmas tree with beautiful handmade ornaments like these decorated pine cones and fabric tag ornaments from Art Glitter.
- Art Glitter Elements Earth Textures #37 Morocco, 2 oz.
- Art Glitter Ultrafine Opaque Glitter #2, Christmas Red, #69 Light Gold, 1 oz.
- Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent Glitter #164 Chrysalis, 1/2 oz.
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 8 oz. bottle
- Pinecones, Yucca Pods or other found items
- Water: 2 oz.
- Art Glitter Ultrafine Opaque Glitter: #2 Christmas Red, #69 Light Gold,
- Tall Plastic Jar for dipping pinecones
- (like a 16 oz. cottage cheese container)
- Wax Paper
- Plastic Trays: 2 approximately 5” x 7”
- Matte Clear Acrylic Spray
- Paint Brush: inexpensive, 1/2” water color type
- Pour 8 oz. adhesive into plastic jar.
- Make a line approx. 1 1/2” up from bottom of empty glue bottle and fill to line with water.
- Replace cap and shake to loosen remaining glue, pour into plastic jar and stir with paintbrush.
- Season pinecones by dipping them into adhesive mixture. Cover completely, allow excess to drip off and set on wax paper to dry. Turn periodically to avoid pooling.
- When almost dry begin covering pinecones and found items. Pour a jar of textures or glitter into one tray. Dip seasoned items into glue mixture again, covering completely and allowing excess to drip off.
- Set other empty tray in middle of wax paper, hold pinecone over tray and pour textures or glitter out of other tray onto pinecone until covered.
- Before Morocco pinecones are dry sprinkle with a pinch of Chrysalis glitter.
- Cover additional pinecones and found items with Christmas Red and Light Gold glitter. Set aside each piece on wax paper to dry.
- Wipe glue off plastic jar with a wet paper towel before covering for storage. When all pinecones are completely dry, spray with matte clear acrylic spray.
Fabric Tag Ornaments
- A Variety of Ultrafine, Microfine Opaque & Transparent Glitter colors & Vintage Glass Glitter
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with Metal Tip attached
- Fabric: scraps of Christmas designs
- Scissors: Fabric & Regular
- Scrap Cardstock in any color that will match fabric, or small antique stained tags.
- Hole punch: 1/4”
- Cut cardstock to 1 1/4” x 2 3/4”, punch a hole in top center and cut a triangle off top right and left edges to resemble a tag.
- Cut designs out of fabric as desired to fit tag, (it is not necessary to cover hole). Glue onto tag in a pleasing manner, layer different fabrics for variety.
- Apply adhesive dots around fabric edges and hole. Sprinkle with glitter of choice. Continue to decorate with glue and glitter until tag looks complete. Dry completely. Repeat on backside.
Click here for more information about Art Institute Glitter, Inc.