Create a red and green mosaic from Diamond Tech over a clear block for a festive Christmas lamp. Regular holiday lights are placed inside the block to create the lamp so no special hardware is needed.
- 1 – 5 ounce package of Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Red Cathedral Stained Glass Chips
- 1 – 5 ounce package of Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Green Cathedral Stained Glass Chips
- 1 package of Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Clear Glass Charmers Star Shapes
- 1 string of Holiday lights
- Glass/Mirror Adhesive or clear silicone recommended for glass
Step 1: Get Ready!
- Completely read your instructions before starting.
- Cover your work area with newspaper to protect work surface.
- Collect all supplies needed for the project.
Step 2: Lay out your Glass!
- Place your KraftyBlokTM face down on the newspaper. For this project the opening should be on the bottom so that the electrical cord is out of sight.
- 1st row - Angle 6 red square chips in a straight line across the top of the KraftyBlockTM. Leave about 1/8” between each square. When evenly spaced, glue into place.
- 2nd row – Starting 1/8” below and one chip over from the first row, place a row of angled green square chips underneath the red square chips. When evenly spaced, glue into place. If necessary use image as a guide.
- You will to see a diamond pattern begin to appear.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the front of the KraftyBlokTM is complete.
- When you have finished, allow glue to dry, following the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Stand your KraftyBlokTM up, so that the opening is on the bottom.
- Adhere 2 rows of alternating red and green square chips to the top. Allow to dry.
- Turn KraftyBlokTM counter-clockwise and adhere 2 rows alternating red and green square chips. Allow to dry.
- Continue step 9 until all sides have been covered in alternating red and green square chips.
- In a decorative manner, adhere stars randomly on your Holiday KraftyBlokTM. This will add a festive, dimensional look.
Step 3: Last Step!
- Place a string of holiday lights in the hole of the KraftyBlokTM. Leaving enough of the plug & cord exposed to reach your outlet.
Just a Note!
Other items can be added just for fun! Try ribbons & bows, teddy bears and artificial holiday floral. These make beautiful gifts for that hard to find someone.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Mosaic Kaleidescope Lamp
Snowflake Mirror Mosaic Ornament