Turn a metal canning jar lid into an adorable snowman decoration. Paints and a ribbon make this little frosty a great one for any room. Display him proudly or give him as a gift. It's easy to make.
- DecoArt Products Required
- No-Prep Metal Paint
- DMP01 - Bright White
- DMP06 - Bright Orange
- DMP09 - Strawberry Shake
- DMP20 - Bright Blue
- DMP32 - Coal Black
- Regular-mouth metal canning jar lid
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/2" flat brush
- Liner brush
- 12" piece of 3/8" wide ribbon
- 10-mm round foam pouncer brush
Note: Let dry after steps 1 through 6.
- Use flat brush and Bright White to paint top of lid.
- Refer to photo for placement and use pouncer brush dipped in Strawberry Shake to dot on cheeks.
- Use end of brush handle dipped in Bright Blue to paint oval dots for eyes.
- Use liner brush and Bright Orange to paint carrot nose.
- Use end of liner brush handle dipped in Coal Black to paint row of dots for mouth.
- Use end of liner brush handle dipped in Bright White to dot highlights on eyes.
- Fold ribbon with ends uneven. Tie ribbon 2.5" from fold. Refer to photo and place bottom of lid between ribbon loop and glue ribbon scarf in place.
- Finish item as desired to create ornament, gift tag, pin, or magnet:
- For pin, attach self-adhesive pin back to upper center at back of completed lid.
- For magnet, attach 1" piece of self-adhesive magnetic strip to back center of completed lid.
- For ornament or gift tag, formloop from 10" length of 3/8" wide ribbon and glue between ribbon ends, aligning edges; glue ends to upper center back of lid.
We used a new lid with silver finish and minimal lettering. Using lids with printing or colors may require basecoat of Bright White.
For even more great Christmas craft projects, head over to AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com.