This is a very easy, but a bit time consuming Holiday project from The Bead Studio that makes a cute decoration for a package, a tree or a window.
- 9' - 19g galvanized steel wire -cut in half (available at the hardware store)
- Roll of 28g Craft Wire
- 400-500 Acrylic Faceted Beads (Assorted sizes - 4,6, & 8mm)
- Take two ends of the galvanized wire and twist to create a 1/2" - 1" loop.
- Cut a long, but manageable length of 28g wire and twist around the galvanized wire , starting at the loop and working down about 1" to make a branch.
- Slide 4 beads of assorted sizes onto the wire. Create a 3" - 4" loop using 6" - 8" of wire with the beads captured in the loop, continue to wind around the galvanized base wire.
- To make a branch, twist the loop, seperating the beads as you twist the wire.
- Continue twisting the wire around the base and make a new branch every 1/4" - 1/2" until you run out of wire.
- Add new wire by twisting on a new piece and continue to repeat the steps above until you have reached 6 inches from the end of the base wire.
- Loop the galvanized wire 2 inches after the last branch and twist to secure. Trim the excess and wind the 28g wire up to the loop. Trim and tuck the end down.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Pumpkin Patch Garland
Seasonal Crochet Linked Garland