14 Christmas Gifts For Teens
By: The Editors Of FaveCrafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Christmas gifts for teens can be hard to find because you have to ask the question from a teen's perspective, "What's hot for Christmas gifts?" Here are 14 ideas for hip and unique Christmas gift for teens that you'll both love. We know what's hot for Christmas gifts that you can make yourself from jewelry, accessories, hats, clothes and bags.
What's Hot for Christmas Gifts?
This year, Christmas gifts for teens are all about accessories. Knit hats have made a huge come back and everyone is wearing them. Not your typical knit hat for sledding or skiing, but fashionable knit hats, like berets and newsboy caps. Wintery hats are fun too, for the winter. But for everyday wear, a cute knit beret is the way to go. They are easy to make and your teen will wonder how you knew what's hot for Christmas gifts.
Another popular accessory is hair clips. Small hair clips that can pull back the bangs, or just add a little girly touch to long or short hair, never go out of style. Christmas gifts for teens can be simple. Often times they like small enhancements to their everyday "look." And if you're making gifts for teens that are not your own children, accessories are the way to go. Think of ways to use old scraps of fabric to create folder or journal covers, headband embellishments and even t-shirt appliques. Take yourself back to your teenage days, and you'll most likely gain some inspiration for your Christmas gifts for teens.
Christmas Gifts for Teens' Wardrobes
Aside from the small accessory type gifts, teens mostly want clothes for Christmas! Teenagers can never have enough clothes. The problem with knitting or crocheting Christmas gifts for teens is that they often don't like handmade articles of clothing because of the connotation that they look like granny sweaters. We love dear old granny, but sometimes she's a little out of touch with teens' style.
We suggest you look look at a magazine in the check-out line at the grocery store to see what young celebrities are wearing. Many of them sport knit and crochet sweaters all the time, you just have to know how to adapt the proper style into the garment you are making. For example, a knit bolero jacket is a very versatile sweater to have in a teen's closet. She can wear it with varying tank tops underneath, with or without a belt, blue jeans or a skirt. Pick a color that is versatile, and go from there. An oversized cardigan is another popular garment to wear with leggings or skinny jeans. Be creative when you knit and crochet Christmas gifts for teens. They like knits if you make them with young style in mind!
Casual Chunky Sweatshirt (crochet)
Other Christmas Gifts for Teens and Adults
There is a point where teen styles and adult styles begin to mesh, and that might mean that your teen is becoming an adult! Items like jewelry and handbags can apply for teen gifts and adult gifts alike. Every woman, no matter what age, loves a great new bag. Hobo bags are larger in size and generally have a rounded shape. They are a popular item for most anyone who has places to go and things to carry. Your teens may be into the crochet backpack for carrying small items around school such as pens, notebooks and of course, their cell phones.
When it comes to jewelry, classic is the way to go. And funky never hurts, when you're making Christmas gifts for teens. Teens want to stand out, but they don't want to have ugly things. There is a fine line! If you're a jewelry maker try making classic chandelier earrings with interesting and unusual beads. Or embellish a leather cuff bracelet with pretty stones like amber or opal. Your adult girl friends will love these gifts too, perhaps with a more classic look or ruby stones or turquoise beads.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Christmas Goodie Pop Top Cans
- 124 Easy Christmas House Crafts
- Crochet Snowman Family
- Crochet Candy Cane Steering Wheel Cover
- Wobbling Santa
- "26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas" free eBook
- "Make it a Red Heart Holiday" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- Teardrop Christmas Ornaments
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations free eBook
- "Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Dcor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 14 Beginner Crochet Patterns For Your Kitchen
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Jessica Potasz
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps