Add a little ambiance to your next big event or wedding. These beautiful flower candlescapes make great centerpieces and no one will ever guess you made them yourself. All you need is STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and silk flowers!
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Ball, 5"
- Two discs, 6" x 1"
- White/ivory silk floral stems: rose and crystal leaf, 8 each; rosebud, 12; forsythia and lupine, 10 each
- Green silk ivy, 4 stems
- Green reindeer moss, 1 bag
- Crystal bead garlands: large wired; small
- White or ivory taper candles, 10", 2
- 2 Plastic candle cups
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Floral U-pins
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam ball in half. Glue one half-ball to center of each foam disc. Glue moss to exposed foam surfaces; let dry.
- Use scissors tip to make small hole in center top of each half-ball. Glue and insert candle cups into holes; let dry.
- Use wire cutters to trim all floral stems to 2" lengths. Using photo as guide, glue and insert larger roses near center top of arrangement. Glue and insert remaining flowers, ivy, and crystal leaves into arrangement as desired, draping downward.
- Wrap wired bead garland around lower half of each arrangement; repeat with small bead garland. Spot glue garlands to moss-covered foam; insert floral pins to secure.
- Let arrangements dry completely. Place candles into holders.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.