Ribbon Wrapped Candle Centerpiece
By: Diane Flowers for STYROFOAM Brand Foam
This thrifty Ribbon Wrapped Candle Centerpiece is a unique way to bring light to your reception hall tables. Wedding reception centerpieces can often be expensive, but this will look lovely without breaking the bank.
- STYROFOAM™ brand foam : One 5” Cube
- Krylon® Silver Foil Metallic Spray #1060
- Offray 4” White Decorative Paper Ribbon #17749
- One Sheet Turquoise Tissue Paper
- One Roll White Crepe Paper Streamers
- One Roll Light Blue Crepe Paper Streamers
- One Roll Bright Green Crepe Paper Streamers:
- Straight Pins
- Old Box
- Ruler and Scissors
- Adhesive Tape
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Measure and cut one 21” piece of the paper ribbon and put it inside the old box.
- Wrap the cube with the sheet of turquoise tissue paper the same way that you would wrap a gift package.
- Take the box and paper ribbon outside and spray it with the silver foil paint. Allow it to dry.
- Wrap the piece of silver paper ribbon around the cube and secure the ends with adhesive tape.
- Measure and cut two 24” pieces of light blue crepe paper streamers, two 24” pieces of white crepe paper streamers and two 24” pieces of bright green crepe paper streamers.
- Fold one end of each piece of crepe paper at a right angle to create a 2” stem. Fold the folded edge again to create the center of the rose.
- Hold the stem with the rose center in your right hand and use your left hand to fold the top edge of a small section of the long end of the crepe paper rose in half.
- Use the fingertips of your left hand to wrap the folded section around the bottom of the center of the rose and hold the bottom edge of the wrapped crepe paper section with the fingertips of your right hand.
- Repeat folding and wrapping small sections of the crepe streamer until all of it is wrapped around the rose center. Use a small piece of adhesive tape to secure the end of the wrapped piece to the stem piece.
- Press and shape the crepe paper rose to create a balanced round shape and use small pieces of adhesive tape to secure any loose edges to the back of the rose and the stem piece.
- Repeat Steps #6 through #10 to finish six roses.
- Position the candle on top of the wrapped paper cube and insert a straight pin into the stem of each rose. Insert the pin with the rose into the top of the cube surrounding the base of the candle. Use the picture as a guide for placement.
- If desired, use hot glue to secure the candle to the top of the cube.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!