Old Fashioned Merry Christmas Card
By: Tanisha Renee for Crafter Mania
Relive your glory days by making an old fashioned merry Christmas card inspired by the olden days. These Christmas card design ideas are simple enough to create a whole batch of them for all of your family and friends.
- Studio Basics 101 Patterned Paper (22166, 22184)
- Teri Martin Patterned Paper (24857)
- Teri Martin Sticker Sheet (24858)
- Mélange Merry& Bright Rub-Ons (21758)
- White Cardstock (1 sheet)
- half pearls
- Border Punch
- Brown Ribbon (16” used here)
- pop dots
- Affix “Merry Christmas rub-on to the center of green sticker, as shown.
- Layer a red flower rub-on to the top left and lower right portion of the first rub-on. Remove from sticker sheet and affix to white cardstock. Trim around the sticker, leaving a 1/8” border. Set aside.
- Cut white cardstock to 6 ½” x 10” and fold in half so that it makes a 7” x 5” card base. Cut red patterned paper to 6 ¼” x 2 ½” and adhere to the top of the card, leaving a 1/8” border. Cut dark green patterned paper to 6 ¼” x 2 ¼” and adhere to the bottom of the card, leaving a 1/8” border.
- Cut the light green jingle strip from the borders patterned paper. Cut a 6 ½” x 1 ¼” strip, punch a border in the bottom and adhere to the card 1 ¾” from the bottom. Adhere brown ribbon the card top of the strip.
- Affix matted sticker to the left side of the card using pop dots. Add a bow to the right side.