Glittering Mermaid Greeting Card
By: Wendy Price for Stampendous
Take a dive into card making ideas and create this Glittering Mermaid Greeting Card from Stampendous to send to your family and friends. Send them as homemade greeting cards or turn them into easy DIY party invitations for a dazzling summer celebration.
- Cling Mermaid Kiddo
- Happy Messages Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
- Blue Ultra Fine Pastel Glitter
- Royal Blue Pearl Ultra Fine Glitter
- Mint Ultra Fine Pastel Glitter
- Scrollwork Border Class A'Peel™ Stickers
- Jumbo Perfectly Clear Handle
- adhesive (ThermoWeb Adhesive Sheets)
- ink (Memento)
- coloring medium (Copics, Clearsnap Smooch Illuminate)
- bling (Creative Impressions)
- pattern paper (Clever Handmade Sticker Tape)
- ribbon (May Arts)
- Cut piece of adhesive sheet to fit on the front of a card. Peel back some of the adhesive backing sheet and carefully position it on the card front. Peel back the rest of the backing sheet as you adhere the sheet to the card front. Keeping the backing sheet on as you go helps prevents wrinkles and mistakes. DON’T throw away your backing sheet. You’ll use this later.
- Carefully adhere your stickers on to the adhesive. Once you stick it down, it is pretty much stuck there so be careful about placement. Be careful about touching the adhesive. When all the stickers are in position, place the backing sheet back down and rub the stickers down well.
- After you have all your stickers in place, pour glitter over the adhesive sheet. You can use only one color or you can add a variety of colors. In my sample, I added horizontal bands of color with the glitter.
- Use a large paintbrush to burnish the glitter down and remove the extra glitter.
- Add your stamped image, some bling and a bow. You have a glittered card that’s sparkle and shine is sure to impress your recipient!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!