Christmas Cover Story Card
By: Cijaye DePradine for ScrapbookingDirections.com
A simple and elegant Christmas card that uses scrapbooking techniques to create a wonderful Christmas Cover Story for your holiday. Decorate the inside with special anecdotes and expressions for your loved ones - like a mini scrapbook in a card!
- Patterned Paper (Creative Imaginations/Harvest Stripe)
- Cream Card Stock (Bazill)
- Snowflake Punch
- Burnished Velvet Glitter (2 Colors)
- Double Sided Tacky Tape
- Velum (Sky & Sage Block; My Thoughts)
- Velum Tape
- Brown Ribbon
- Zip Dry Glue
- 3D Pop Dots
- Brown Card Stock
- Flower Punch
- Rhinestone Stickers
- Crocheted Snowflake (Large Size; at least 5” tall to match card.).
- Make Card first. (This positive and negative design was made with tacky tape, snowflake punches and two tones of burnished velvet glitter; framed with simple brown satin ribbon and embellished with rhinestone stickers).
- Adhere Card to preferred background paper
- Adhere Crocheted Snowflake to card (with outer edge of card meeting at the halfway point of the Snowflake.
- Cover Snowflake portion that is inside the card – with another piece of cream or brown card stock – you will want to journal or adhere a photo to this side.
- Select your Velum Thought Block to the edge of your framed glitter design on card (ideally you will choose a block that exceeds the edge of your card by approx. ¾ of an inch).
- Punch 3 brown flowers – adhere to outer edge of Velum Block. (In this example the top and bottom flowers were adhered with 3d Pop Dots; the middle was adhered with Zip Dry Glue to lay flat).
- Embellish flowers with rhinestones.
- Mat and decorate the inside of your card to profile your favorite Christmas Cover Story.