Candy Cane Card
By: Stephanie Barnard For AMACO
Forget store bought greeting cards this year and create your own Christmas card from AMACO, using polymer clay and stamp art.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — #0 White, #202 Metallic Red
- AMACO® Pasta Machine
- Krylon Webbing Spray White
- All Night Media Alphabet and Texture Stamps
- Tsukineko Versa Mark Ink Pad
- Plaid Burgundy Acrylic Paint
- Offray Green Ribbon
- DMD Paper Reflections Cardstock: Green, Red, and White
- Beacon Adhesive Gem-Tac Glue
- CANDY CANES: Condition clay. Roll out two 1/8" by 5" long coils from FIMO® Soft Metallic Red. Make two 1/8" by 5" long coils from White clay. Place coils together, pinching the White coil and Red coil together at one end. Carefully wrap the two coils around each other. Bend into candy cane shape and trim ends.
- TITLE: Run White FIMO® Soft through the thickest setting on the pasta machine, or to approximately 1/8" thickness. Stamp ‘Christmas’ into clay using alphabet stamps. Trim excess clay. Using a small straw, make holes in the corners.
- Bake clay according to directions on packages. Let cool.
- Paint Christmas title with acrylic paint, making sure paint does not get into letter indentions. Let dry.
- Tie two bows out of the Green Offray ribbon and glue to the candy canes. Add Green ribbon to Christmas title.
- Stamp Green cardstock with texture stamp and Versa Mark Ink.
- Spray Red cardstock with White Webbing Spray per directions on can. Let dry.
- Glue candy canes to green stamped cardstock, matt with white cardstock, webbed red cardstock, and green stamped cardstock as shown. Adhere to red card.
- Glue Christmas title to white cardstock, matt with webbed red cardstock and green stamped cardstock as shown. Adhere to red card.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!