Make your holiday season bright. These snowball candleholders will lighten up every room. Using velvet petals, paints, glitter and of course candles you can create a great holiday candleholder.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Balls, 4", three
- Block, 12" x 10" x 1"
- White specialty paints: snow-texture; handmade paper
- Spray paint: white stone-texture; silver glitter
- White scrap paper
- Red crystal/glittered berry stems, three
- Sage green reindeer moss
- Red velvet hydrangea petals, 18
- Three red taper candles, 8"
- Crystal ultra-fine glitter
- Candle cups, three
- Wooden floral picks, 3", three
- Floral shears
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Palette knife
- Spray adhesive
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 5" x 12" piece from foam block; set aside. Cut same-size piece of paper and glue to bottom of foam.
- Follow paint manufacturer's instructions to spray foam balls with stone-texture paint; let dry. Spray again with glitter paint; let dry.
- Use glue gun to glue floral pick into bottom of each foam ball. Glue opposite ends, equally spaced, into foam base. Glue and insert candle cups into top of each ball.
- Use glue gun to adhere moss to exposed surfaces of foam base.
- Use palette knife to apply handmade paper-texture paint to candle cups and tops of balls; let dry. Use palette knife to apply snow-texture paint to tops and sides of balls.
- Trim berry stems and insert five into each ball, surrounding candle cup.
- Spray moss and snowballs with adhesive, then sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Trim flower petal stems and use glue gun to adhere three petals between balls on both sides of arrangement. Glue three petals to each end of arrangement. Insert candles into cups.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.