DIY decorative crafts like an Amish Shaded Candle Holder from I Love to Create will add a comforting touch to your home decor and help you get back to basics. For the rustic decorator, this is the perfect candle holder of ceramic bisque to paint in relaxing earthy colors.
- Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- C1 CN 311 Light Ginger
- C1 CN 312 Bright Ginger
- C1 CN 313 Dark Ginger
- C1 CN 322 Bright Plum
- C1 CN 331 Light Olive
- C1 CN 332 Bright Olive
- C1 CN 333 Dark Olive
- Signature Brushes
- C1 SB 803 No. 4 Liner
- C1 SB 812 No. 10 Round
- Clear Glaze: C1 CN 2000D Concepts Clear Dipping Glaze
- Clay Carbon
- Aluminum Foil
- Duncan mold, Lamp Shade & Base DM 2297 & DM 2298
- Clean greenware; remove dust with a sponge and fire to shelf cone 04.
- Use pencil and clay carbon to transfer pattern to shade. Divide base into four equal sections and transfer pattern to each section.
- Place all Concepts colors on aluminum foil in color family and from light to dark.
- Apply color to shade as follows. With the SB 803 No 4 Liner, load with the lightest value of color, pull one side of brush through the medium value and pull same side of brush through the darkest value. Use a press, pull and lift stroke, pulling stroke in direction of arrows on pattern.
Ginger: Top corner motifs of shade and bottom four sections
Plum: Center strokes of shade bottom and brush prints on base top
Olive: Leaves on shade
- Load the SB 812 No 10 Round with Olive values as in Step 4. Keeping darker value to bottom edge, apply to bottom band on base. Reload as necessary and apply 2 coats.
- Using the handle end of the Round, add dots to design with CN 312 Bright Ginger and CN 322 Bright Plum.
- Let dry, dip pieces in CN 2000D Clear Dipping.
- When dry, stilt and fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.