Use Korean cording in two colors and your favorite charm to create a pretty bracelet. Make as a gift or make for yourself with this project by Becky Meverden.
- 2 - 4 ft. 1.5mm Korean cording colors of your choice
- 2 silver fold-over crimps
- 2 6mm silver jump rings
- silver necklace extender
- 2 sets of needle nose (or flat nose) pliers
- Fray Check
- Thread the charm through one cord. Fold the cords in half to find the center and move the charm to the center.
- With your left hand pinching the charm and the two cords, use your right hand to loop one cord over the second cord. Make sure the loop is next to the charm.
- With your right hand, reach under the cord closest to you and grasp the second cord. Thread through the loop and pull each cord tight. This will make a hapjong maedeup.
- Make a hapjong maedeup of the other side of the charm to anchor it.
- Make an additional four hapjong maedeup on each side of the charm.
- Use a ruler to measure ½" from the last hapjong maedeup and make five more. Repeat one more time for a total of three sets of five hapjong maedeup.
- Repeat Step #6 for the opposite side.
- Use pliers to attach fold-over crimp. Cut off excess cording and apply Fray Check to cord ends. Use pliers to attach jump ring and half of the extender. Repeat for the opposite side.