Learning how to make friendship bracelets isn't hard, but it can be repetitive. Try something different and give your friend a Cupcake Friendship Bracelet with instructions from Maria Nerius. The paper cupcake cut outs make this bracelet extra!
- Dyi Wood Bangle bracelet
- Mini cupcake punch
- Plaid silver and gold metallic paints
- Assorted coordinating papers
- Paper Glue
- Mod Podge
- Pink mini embellishing jewels
- Have some fun picking out your papers to punch into cupcakes. The gold base bracelet used a silver metallic textured paper giving a real look to the bottom half of the cupcake. For the silver based bracelet I used glitter papers for the frosting part of the cupcake for extra sparkle. This is a great project to use up all your scraps!
- Basecoat the bracelets with gold and silver paint or your own choice of color. Apply a second coat if needed. Allow paint to dry.
- You’ll need 8 cupcakes per bracelet. Punch tops and bottoms. Adhere to bracelet with paper glue. You’ll want to center the cupcakes or have some fun turning them this and that way. Since there was a slight curve to my bracelets, I
needed to glue each piece, press and hold it down for about a minute for the glue to set. Apply all the cupcakes, add a jewel to the top for the cherry, and allow the glue to dry completely.
- Apply several thin coats of Mod Podge to the entire bracelet. This gives a decoupage look and protects the paper. Allow each coat to dry completely before another is added. Thin coats give a more polished look to your bracelets than one thick coat.