Various blue beads called "pacific opal," "aurora borealis" and "under the boardwalk" create a lovely bracelet evoking the clear skies of Malibu. This sparkly bracelet from Rings & Things is perfect for summer nights.
- 10 #05-706-3-02 Swarovski® rhinestone wheel beads, silver plated/crystal aurora borealis
- 9 #06-401-08-141 8mm Swarovski octagon crystal pendants, pacific opal
- 1 pack #05-301-06-905 6mm Swarovski Crystal Jams™, “Under the Boardwalk”
- 9 #37-290-657 5.7mm round jump rings, Argentium® sterling silver
- 2 #41-559 Size 3 crimp tubes, sterling silver
- 14" #61-810-07-89 0.015 7-strand Beadalon®, silver colored
- 1 #39-539-02 Magnetic clasp, sterling silver
- crimping pliers
- flat-nose pliers
- side cutters and/or side flush cutters
- Attach each octagon crystal pendant to a jump ring. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of Beadalon slightly longer than twice the length you desire for your finished bracelet (this example uses a 14" strand; finished length is approximately 6.5").
- Center one end of the magnetic clasp on the cord. Slide a crimp tube over both ends of the cord and, using crimp pliers, crimp it close to the clasp, leaving enough slack in the cord to form a nice loop.
- String a rhinestone wheel over both strands, then separate the strands. On the top strand, add one bicone crystal. On the bottom strand, add a bicone, an octagon pendant and another bicone. String another rhinestone wheel over both strands. Repeat, but this time alternate which cord has the single bicone. Keep repeating these steps and alternating the pattern until you reach the desired length.
- End with a rhinestone wheel and a crimp tube over both strands. Loop both ends of the cord through the second piece of the magnetic clasp and back through the crimp tube. Make sure to leave enough slack in the cord for the crystals to move freely.
- Crimp the tube with crimping pliers, and trim the ends of the cord with your cutters.