Make your wedding day even more special with this floral cake centerpiece. It's easy to make and it'll be a great memory.
- STYROFOAM™Brand Foam:
- Discs: two 16" x 1"; two 12" x 1"; four 8" x 2"
- Silk florals: medium cream roses, 20; mini cream roses, nine; cream/light green hydrangea clusters, 20; green berry stems; four; cream hyacinth stems, four; white gerbera daisies, four
- Dark green reindeer moss, two large bags
- Cream pearl bead garland, 1/4"
- Natural or ivory paper, 16" square
- Wooden skewers, 12", three
- Floral shears
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Stack and glue foam discs together, smallest to largest, to form tiered "cake." Apply glue to one skewer and insert into top of cake, pushing through all foam layers to secure. Trim excess wood and add dab of hot glue to top and bottom of skewer. Repeat with two remaining skewers.
- Use pencil to trace 16" disc onto paper; cut out and glue to bottom of cake using white craft glue.
- Use glue gun to adhere reindeer moss to exposed foam, completely covering surface.
- Use floral shears to trim medium rose and hydrangea stems. Insert alternating flowers into foam between 12" and 16" layers around entire cake. Set aside two medium roses and insert remainder into sides of 8" layer in groups; fill in gaps with berry sprays and hyacinth stems, trimming stems as needed.
- Trim daisy stems and insert into foam around top of 8" layer; insert two medium roses into foam at center top. Fill in gaps with mini roses and remaining hydrangea clusters, trimming as needed.
- Measure and cut two 66" lengths from pearl bead garland. Wrap and drape garland lengths around 16" layer, securing with floral pins. Glue mini roses to floral pins to cover.
- Repeat Step 6 for 8" layer, cutting two 42" lengths from pearl bead garland.
- If desired, remove flowers one at a time from arrangement, apply hot glue to stems, and reinsert into foam to secure.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.