Vintage Design Workshop
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Vintage Design Workshop: Knitting Techniques for Modern Style
By Geraldine Warner
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Grab your needles and take a little trip back to the good old days...to a time when high collars and poofy sleeves were all the rage...when buttons and patterns turned any sweater from drab to fab and when colorful cozy sweaters were great for both teenagers and adults alike.
Divided into two sections, Vintage Design Workshop teaches readers how to update any vintage pattern to accommodate modern sizes. With helpful suggestions on how to shoose substitutes for yarns that are out of production and how to read vintage knit patterns, this book is a fanastic lesson in learning the well-loved patterns of yesteryear.
While the first section covers the helpful tips and suggestions, the second section deomonstrates how to adapt modern patterns to create unique vintage designs. Learn how to create a vintage silhouette, find helpful tips on how to mix and match sleeves, necklines, or collars to the pattern of your choice, and get access to awesome vintage charts that give you what you need to create adorable Fair Isle designs, cute cherries, and other 50's-inspired motifs that are great for sweaters, towels, blankets, and more.
With beautiful full-color photography and plenty of helpful tips and suggestions to help you along the way, Vintage Design Workshop is a great collection of styles and techniques for the modern knitter. These may be your grandma's patterns, but they have a whole new attitude!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life