Vintage Design Workshop
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Vintage Design Workshop: Knitting Techniques for Modern Style
By Geraldine Warner
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Grab your needles and take a little trip back to the good old days...to a time when high collars and poofy sleeves were all the rage...when buttons and patterns turned any sweater from drab to fab and when colorful cozy sweaters were great for both teenagers and adults alike.
Divided into two sections, Vintage Design Workshop teaches readers how to update any vintage pattern to accommodate modern sizes. With helpful suggestions on how to shoose substitutes for yarns that are out of production and how to read vintage knit patterns, this book is a fanastic lesson in learning the well-loved patterns of yesteryear.
While the first section covers the helpful tips and suggestions, the second section deomonstrates how to adapt modern patterns to create unique vintage designs. Learn how to create a vintage silhouette, find helpful tips on how to mix and match sleeves, necklines, or collars to the pattern of your choice, and get access to awesome vintage charts that give you what you need to create adorable Fair Isle designs, cute cherries, and other 50's-inspired motifs that are great for sweaters, towels, blankets, and more.
With beautiful full-color photography and plenty of helpful tips and suggestions to help you along the way, Vintage Design Workshop is a great collection of styles and techniques for the modern knitter. These may be your grandma's patterns, but they have a whole new attitude!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Artful Collage from Found Objects
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Find It, Make It: Outdoor Green Crafts for Children
- Chain Maille Jewelry
- Beading In No Time
- Sew Kawaii!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Summer Bookmark Coloring Pages
- Summer Lovin' Coloring Page
- Floral Web Coloring Page
- Candy Jar Coloring Page
- Motivational Mandala Coloring Pages
- Grateful and Blessed Coloring Page
- Cup of Tea Coloring Page
- Vintage Typewriter Coloring Page
- Stencil Ease Vintage Design DIY Side Table Video
- Valentine's Day Heart Box